Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cantering

What a beautiful day!  I will admit that I am not particularly fond of the recent temperature drop.  But to think that it took until Nov 30th for this cool air to hit our neck of the woods.  We are sooo very blessed!!!  Today we went to one of my absolutely favorite places...the stables.  The struggles of life seem to just melt away when looking out over horse speckled pastures, drinking in fresh country air, and stroking the muzzle of a four legged friend.  I am so very thankful and blessed!!!

The girls have been trying something new over the past few weeks of lessons...C-A-N-T-E-R-I-N-G!  They feel so proud as they stretch out that word.


Cantering is exactly where I feel I am in this adoption journey:)  God gave us the chance to slowly come around to the idea while on the ground...teaching us more and growing us with each passing day.  We were still a bit apprehensive but climbed up onto the saddle.  Over time we have began to walk and even trot.  It has been exciting just being on the horse.  BUT...when we trust God to break into a canter...the rhythm is different...the pace is faster....we really have to hold on!  How exhilarating to feel the wind in our face as we soar to new levels of faith and trust in our all powerful father God.


Like the girls...I really like this new found cantering!  


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you and praying for you every day. I love you, Joy!

    ReplyDelete