Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Monday, September 10, 2012

They That Wait...

They that wait upon the Lord,

 

shall renew their strength;


they shall mount up with wings as eagles;

 

they shall run, and not be weary; 


and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31


Some verses you learn in a certain translation and it just has to be said that way.  

I learned this one in the King James version, and as a song when I was a very little girl.  
(And I am so very glad that I did!)

There is something so very powerful about memorizing the word of God.

It provides strength, peace, and hope at the moment you need it.  

This particular verse refreshes my spirit!  

I have heard different interpretations of the word "wait" over the years.  

Not one of those interpretations imply doing nothing:)

One interpretation I heard some years ago said that to wait means "cling to".  

I will say that it happens to be my personal favorite:)  

They that cling to the Lord shall renew their strength.  

Others have said that it means to wait "in great expectation" or "confidence" in HIM...
looking to HIM for help...putting trust in HIM.

We still do not have our referral for Aaron.

I can tell you we are in a stage of CLINGING to our heavenly father!!
But we are also in great expectation...
walking forward with complete confidence that Christ will continue to open doors!!
We will continue this journey without growing weary or faint.
Claiming God's promises along the way.

I was sure that this past Friday was going to be the day for several reasons.

No one heard anything Friday so we waited expectantly for Monday news.

The good news is that our dear friends walking this journey HAVE received their referrals!!!!

Both families that have been on the same race with us, and another I have followed from afar have moved to the next step over the past few weeks.

They are one obstacle closer to bringing their treasures home!!

We are so very happy for them!

And we long to understand God's plan for our delays and wait.

but as that old songs goes...

 Teach me Lord, Teach me Lord...to wait!! 





1 comment:

  1. Praying you get yours soon!! You got in line not long after us, so hold on! You'll get it. Maybe when you least expect it!!

    ReplyDelete