Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Time to Give Thanks

It is so very humbling to look back on all the ways 
Christ has stretched us as individuals and grown us as a family this year!!

We have so very much to be thankful for!!!

Often we share this special holiday with extended family or friends.  
This year we spent the day as a family of five.

Our newest treasure had many questions about 
what Thanksgiving is, what we will do, and of course...
what will we eat:)

He is not terribly fond of trying new foods 
so we decided to fill him up with some comfort foods for breakfast. 
(fried rice and toyu (salty fish cooked in oil)) 

I accomplished the baking yesterday.
(Homemade bread, Pumpkin Pie, and Lemon Sponge Pie 
(takes me back to my Pennsylvania roots and reminds me of home)

Today my hubby made the turkey AND the rest of the sides!
He is so very fabulous and blesses me tremendously!!!


The day was spent 
thanking the Lord for our many blessings,
making thankful crafts,
eating, eating, eating,
watching the parade on tv, 
playing board games,
watching football,
did I mention eating??!!??

And when it was time to go back for leftovers this evening,
our sweet boy asked if he could go back to his fish and rice:)
We all giggled until his fish fell into the cooling apple crisp...
life is never dull around here,
and we would never have it any other way!!!!

I pray that all of you in bloggy land had a 
blessed, Christ-centered holiday!

From our family to yours...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so glad you alerted me to the problem. I played with it for awhile on the dashboard of Linky and prayed and it works!! Thank you for joining in....your family is beautiful {as is your home}. It made me giggle that the fish dropped in the apple crisp - you guys will never forget that! Thank you for welcoming us into your home. So blessed to see that there is one less orphan this year - so very wonderful...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your happy thanksgiving day with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your happy thanksgiving day with your family :)

    ReplyDelete