Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Monday, November 19, 2012

God's Timing

If you have already walked or are in the process of walking the adoption road, 
you are very familiar with the waiting game.  

Many good things in life require waiting.  
But there is something so very raw when it comes to waiting for children.  

Some have experienced loss of a child and/or infertility.  
Some have experienced being matched only to have the adoption fall through.  
And sometimes it is just the raw feeling of lost time.  
(the feeling of urgency to get your loved treasure into a loving family 
and not have them spend another day in an institution or foster home.)

Whatever the circumstances....waiting for children is just plain hard!

I cannot tell you how many times I have been told, "Oh dear, you are pregnant!" 
(meaning you are adopting)

And all I want to do, with my sweetest smile in place, is say, "Yes, I have been pregnant for almost three years now... I am ready for the 'pregnancy' to be over!!"
A gal can take just so such false labor and muscle ache:)

But the truth remains.  God's timing is perfect!  

I have been guilty of saying that we are "experiencing delays" throughout this journey.  

It was gently brought to my attention again this week that there are no DELAYS in God's plan.

My timeline has been changed, disrupted, and delayed.

BUT God's timeline is still running strong and will arrive right on time!!

We have been praying and believing for our sweet boy to be home by Christmas.

We serve an amazing God that has Aaron's (and our) best interest at heart.

NOTHING is impossible with God and HE is more than able to grant us the desire of our heart!

The only thing remaining for Aaron to come home is a medical and visa appointment.
But we have learned throughout this journey that the timing is NOT in our hands.

I keep saying that we are so very close that I can taste the Lumpia (Filipino spring rolls).

No matter the day or hour of our travel...We know that our heavenly Father has it all orchestrated for HIS plan and purpose.






No comments:

Post a Comment