Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

There's nothing my God cannot do!!

My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.
The mountains are his, the oceans are his, the stars are his handy work too.
my God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!!

These childhood song lyrics have been resonating in my mind this morning!!

I had myself convinced that once our referral came in that I would have a relaxed peace of mind knowing our sweet boy is ours, and have a somewhat accurate timeline for bringing him home.  

Wow, was that a misconception!!

I think the best word to describe my emotions right now is ...frantic.  
We made it over the big hurdle...we are in the home stretch...and I just want desperately to bring Aaron home...YESTERDAY!!  

You know that feeling...the one where you would scratch through a brick wall with your bare hands to get to your child on the other side if that was all that was required.  

I am feeling very, very pregnant these days, 
and I just want so desperately for the big day to come!!!

It appears that I still have not mastered the quality of patience:)  

We are at that place where we have accepted our referral and paid the fees to the ICAB.  
The album of our family that will be shown to Aaron when he learns he has a family is in the hands of our liaison in country.  

I know God's timing is PERFECT!!!  
And at the same time my mamma instinct just wants Aaron to know that he is wanted...he is loved...a family a half a world away has been anxiously awaiting him for months and months and months.  

I want to know his favorite color, his favorite sport, does he laugh with his eyes,
 is his voice smokey...has it changed yet,  where did he get the scar on his nose,
has he accepted Jesus into his heart???

Aaron could learn about us any day now.  
We have been praying for MONTHS for his heart to be prepared, 
and his anxiety to be soothed.  

And, just as HE is moving in Aaron's heart...
my big, strong, mighty God can (and will) calm this mama's frantic heart as I wait!!

There's NOTHING my GOD cannot do!!







No comments:

Post a Comment