Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Path

I promised myself to be real in my posts...not just share the rosy picture of our mountaintop experiences.  God has been so very good to us and we have had many, many of those wonderful experiences to share.

There are those times, however, where the road is not clearly defined.  We are at a place of crying out to God to confirm if we are on the right path or if we need to take a different direction.  For reasons I choose not to share here, we are considering a different direction.  We are absolutely confident of what God placed on our hearts.  That has not changed.  Although disappointed about the twins in Oklahoma, we have peace that God is in control and knows which boys are to be with our family.   It is the path that is in question.  

The past few days I have felt blind, darkness surrounding me so I cannot discern a path...not sure the direction to take.  What once felt so close seems so very far away.  

Isaiah 42:16 says...And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them.  I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground.  These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.  

Our pastor shared a story recently about a man that told a native of the area that he wanted to climb to the top of a mountain.  The guide agreed to take him and woke him early in the morning while it was still completely dark.  Going up the mountain side, the novice climber could see nothing.  The only thing he could do was cling to the guide's shirt and put one foot before the other.  He had to trust the guide knew the way and that the guide would not put him in harm's way.  As they reached the top, the sun came out and casted light on the journey they just accomplished.  The novice climber was astonished to find that the path He just finished was extremely narrow and winding.  If he had taken a step to the left or right he would have fallen to his death.  

Can you see the correlation here friends?  I must hold tight to the garments of Christ and trust my guide!!  HE will guide me in paths I have not known!! 

The girls and I begin our school day with worship, prayer, and devotions each day.  This morning we had such a sweet time in the presence of the LORD!  One of the songs that just caused me to bubble over with extreme joy is the one attached below!!   


No comments:

Post a Comment