Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Transformation and growing young

My hubby let me know that my last post was far too short and left ya'll hanging.  Who is Bri...where did she come from...how did she become part of our family?

Well friends...you will just have to keep checking back to learn more about our family and how we all fit together:)  I will say that God is doing tremendous things in this young lady's life and we are so very humbled and blessed to have been called to be a part of it.

So, over the weekend where I turned 21 (or maybe 30 something)  we transformed this

into this (a work in progress and Miss Bri will have it all fixed up soon)

The rocker found a home here

changing table and toys here

And the crib relocated to our room

I am sure you didn't notice that after 2 1/2 years of living in this house I am still using a small tote as a nightstand!!  Hee Hee...well, it is a good thing because the crib certainly would not have fit if I had one there:)

So, as you can see, we certainly have not abandoned our heart for adoption.  We are continuing to wait on God, trust HIS will, and rely on HIS timing.  And there may be some begging for God to make it all happen a little quicker...SMILE:)

I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11  Yep...as our journey twists and turns I hold tight to this promise!!

Oh...I almost forgot...I promised my hubby that I would post this not so attractive photo of me blowing out my candles:)  See, there are not many candles...I am really not that old!!


Hubby counting out 21 candles:)

Kylee licking chocolate off the plastic that was wrapped around the cake

Bri enjoying the Shrimp Fried Rice my hubby made from scratch!!  IT WAS SOOO YUMMY!

 Mélika had a training weekend for a ministry team that she is part of.  She missed out on the goodies but I may have made her some corn dip to eat over a good ole game of Catan last night!!  Sorry...forgot to take a photo:(



No comments:

Post a Comment