Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Are You Willing?

Those of you that know me at all, know my heart for children.  My heart breaks daily for those less chosen, in need of hope, in need of food, in need of a relationship with a Savior that loves them!  

It is so easy to say that we care or feel sorry for those hurting.  But there is a dramatic difference between sympathy and compassion.  Sympathy says poor them...I wish things were different.  Compassion drives us to take a stand, make a difference, and take action.  

As my oldest daughter so eloquently puts it...we are fat, lazy Americans in our big churches.  

We may hear a really good sermon or watch a video about making a difference.  We clap our hands and say "right on".  Then when it is all over, we return to our warm homes, eat a filling meal, crawl into our warm beds, and have sweet dreams of tomorrow.  

I have been praying for God to transform my heart and make it like HIS.  That not only will HE break my heart for what breaks His, but that HE will lead and guide our family as to how to take action.  Yes we are involved in local ministry, yes we tithe, yes we give to missions, yes we have added to our family, yes we are in the process of adopting.  But I know God desires more of me.

Please watch this video...Let the message penetrate your heart.  We are Christ's hands and feet! 
(If you are following by email you need to go to my blog to see the video clip:)


Today my thoughts have repeatedly gone to Schindler's List.  After successfully saving over 1100 Jews from death in gas chambers, Schindler said, "I could have gotten one more person...and I didn't!  And I...I didn't!"


Friends, I want to live with no regrets.  I want to stand humbly before God knowing I answered HIS CALL ... are you willing?

"...once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12

No comments:

Post a Comment