Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Friday, December 23, 2011

From Urgency to Peace

I guess the only word to describe my behavior lately is...nesting.  My hubby says that I have been doing it for quite some time.  He is right.  But lately there is a sense of urgency in my nesting.  An urgency to get the laundry caught up so we can pack...an urgency to clean our home so we can return to a welcoming environment...an urgency to make sure we all still have some warm duds for a trip to a colder climate.  In this time where I simply need to be....I feel an urgency to do.

When this feeling of urgency comes upon me...I must take time to be still and rest in the presence of the Lord.
Psalm 37:7 says, Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.
Exodus 14:14 says, The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Psalm 46:10 says, Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

BE STILL...how many times have I been reminded of this on our adoption journey?  Far too many to count:)  Being still doesn't mean that I am not to clean or pack.  It doesn't even mean that I should ignore the expectancy of an approaching date.  Being still means stepping into my quite prayer closet...resting in the presence of a holy God...lingering in His perfect peace.  When I seek HIM first, His amazing peace covers me as I prepare for what He has placed on our heart.  Moving forward in PEACE...there is nothing greater!!

I will worship as I nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment