Growth...of our family...in our walk with Christ...in all things to worship HIM!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's about the presence

I found myself there....walking in the mall on Christmas Eve!  Truth be told it was not as bad as I thought it would be.  And yes, just because I was there I purchased a few things that were not on the list:)

As I walked down the crowded isles I was ever reminded that Christmas is not about the gifts...but about the PRESENCE!  It is about our Savior that came to earth as a baby.  The Christ child that was born to die so that we can live.

It is much fun to give and receive gifts.  Special traditions and time with family is ever so special.  But as the consumerism of the world swirls around us, take time to quiet down and bask in the PRESENCE of a risen Savior.    For the holiday we celebrate... is ALL ABOUT JESUS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment